Andrea Katz, Ed. D. / Certificated Special Education Advocate
Specialized support and advocacy throughout the entire IEP process
I support parents and guardians who work diligently and passionately to oversee their child's access to a free and appropriate public education, in which they can thrive. I have over 30 years of experience to help you navigate the special education services in your district of residence throughout San Diego County.
All children are entitled to an appropriate education through which they can gain the necessary skills to succeed in life.
Through Advocacy Resources for San Diego, YOU – the parent – will get an experienced special educator and advocate on your side to guide you through the often-complicated process of receiving special education services in the public school system. Advocacy support is offered in preparation for IEP meetings, as a representative during IEP meetings, and after the IEP process is complete.
Is your child struggling in her/her current school setting?
Unfortunately, not all children are thriving in the current systems offered through public schools. If you're worried about your child's academic, social, and/or behavior levels and questions like these sound familiar, I can help!
- Are the school personnel doing all they can to help my child?
- Why isn’t my child making meaningful progress this year?
- Is my child eligible for more services from special education?
- Can I call a special meeting to address my concerns?
- What are my rights as a parent of a child with special needs?
- Can I request a different placement for my child?
- How can I better understand all my child’s paperwork?